Michele is available to serve as a mentor for students of herbal medicine and Chinese medicine. She is a mentor for the American Herbalist Guild’s (AHG) mentorship program that helps prepare students to apply to be a professional member of the AHG. For more information about the AHG mentorship program, click here. It is not necessary that you be preparing to apply for professional membership in the AHG to work with Michele.
Michele likes to work with the student to set goals for the mentoring work that will best meet the individual’s needs. Michele will cover a wide range of issues and topics in her mentoring work with students including:
- Reviewing and providing feedback on client cases and will provide examples from her practice for discussion
- Setting up and maintaining an herbal apothecary, as raw herbs, concentrated extracts, tinter or fluid extracts, and patents or pills
- Setting up and maintaining your herbal practice business (i.e. maintaining an inventory, bookkeeping, maintaining a website, etc.)
- Client relationships
- Chinese medicine differential diagnosis
- Chinese, western, and Indian herbal materia medica
- Qi gong and medical qi gong and using these modalities within the context of an herbal practice
- Self care practices for maintaining health and personal boundaries as a healer
- Emotional/mental and spiritual aspects of healing and how to work with individuals to address the healing process in a multidimensional way
If you are interested in working with Michele, you can contact her directly at 336-739-0317.